Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

June 19, 2011

Daddy's Girl

I am truly blessed with an abundance of fathers...I have 4 to be exact. One biological, one step, one in-law and one Heavenly. Here are a couple of the cards I made this year to honor my dads. Happy Father's Day!


Supplies:
  • Stamps--Hedgehog (Penny Black), Sun (Village Arts Press), Rabbit (Delafield), Basket (Sunday International)
  • Grass edge punch (Martha Stewart)
  • Patterned paper (K&Co)
  • Colored Pencils (Prismacolor)
  • Odorless Mineral Spirits
  • Stamping Ink
  • Cardstock
  • Embroidery floss (DMC)
  • Transparency film
  • foam tape




To make this card:
  • Cut out a cloud shape from cardstock and use it as a mask to stipple-brush the sky with stamping ink. Similarly, use the grass punch to create a mask and stipple-brush the grass. 
  • I created the top part of the netting for the balloon in Photoshop and printed it on transparency. I ran it through my Xyron and adhered it to patterned paper that I cut out in a balloon shape.
  • I strung embroidery floss from the netting to the basket and secured it behind the basket with foam tape.
  • The basket, sun, rabbit and hedgehog are all stamped and cut-out images on cardstock that I colored with colored pencil then blended with mineral spirits.
 Here is the variation of the same card--same design, different paper for the balloon. I made it for my husband to give to his father. Notice I added alligators in the grass...it's because he lives in Florida!


The third card I made was for my stepdad, Richard. He's not a mushy, sentimentalist...so this card is perfect for him. I love this "Golden Oldies" line of stamps by AI. 
  

 


1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you haven't lost your mojo! These are awesome Torrey... Love love love the balloon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.