I am truly blessed with an abundance of fathers...I have 4 to be exact. One biological, one step, one in-law and one Heavenly. Here are a couple of the cards I made this year to honor my dads. Happy Father's Day!
- Stamps--Hedgehog (Penny Black), Sun (Village Arts Press), Rabbit (Delafield), Basket (Sunday International)
- Grass edge punch (Martha Stewart)
- Patterned paper (K&Co)
- Colored Pencils (Prismacolor)
- Odorless Mineral Spirits
- Stamping Ink
- Embroidery floss (DMC)
- Transparency film
- foam tape
To make this card:
- Cut out a cloud shape from cardstock and use it as a mask to stipple-brush the sky with stamping ink. Similarly, use the grass punch to create a mask and stipple-brush the grass.
- I created the top part of the netting for the balloon in Photoshop and printed it on transparency. I ran it through my Xyron and adhered it to patterned paper that I cut out in a balloon shape.
- I strung embroidery floss from the netting to the basket and secured it behind the basket with foam tape.
- The basket, sun, rabbit and hedgehog are all stamped and cut-out images on cardstock that I colored with colored pencil then blended with mineral spirits.
The third card I made was for my stepdad, Richard. He's not a mushy, sentimentalist...so this card is perfect for him. I love this "Golden Oldies" line of stamps by AI.