I'm here to celebrate Earth Day ... sort of.
Actually, I'm celebrating the day a wonderful man made his appearance on this EARTH -- my husband, Jonathan.
So yeah, I'm celebrating Jonathan's Earth-, er BIRTHday.
It turns out there are LOADS of things to celebrate today! I mean....WHO KNEW that on this day:
- The Blues Brothers made their world premier in 1978 on Saturday Night Live.
- Peter Frampton was born in 1950.
- Second Battle of Ypres began in 1912 (I didn't even know there was a first one)
- Jack Nicholson was born in 1937.
- Hitler admitted defeat in 1945.
- Babe Ruth made his pro pitching debut in 1914.
- The first Earth Day was celebrated in 1970.
- Eddie Albert (Mr. Green Acres himself) was born in 1906.
- The Oklahoma Land Rush occurred in 1889 -- offering land on a first-come basis. Many people showed up late and missed out. I guess they should have gotten there SOONER. (hahahaha)
- Henry VIII ascended to the throne in England in 1509.
- Jonathan Moseley was born somewhere in Minnesota.
- JanR's dd was born. :)
I made a card in honor of Henry VIII (just kidding). Here is the card I made for Jonathan. Doesn't look like much from the outside....oh, but wait.
This is a "what's-inside-that-counts" kind of card. I used the 3-D card base/circle label insert dies for the base.Then I hand cut various kite shapes from patterned paper and strung them on white wire strings. I inked the background to look like a cloudy sky and added punched grass along the bottom of the pop-out feature.
Card base die w/ circle label insert - Sizzix
grass punch - Martha Stewart for EK Success