Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

June 17, 2013

Irreverent Father's Day

Hidy Ho, crafty peeps.

Just wanted to share with y'all what my hubby and I did for my stepdad, Richard, for Father's Day.

Let me preface this entry by reiterating the fact that Richard is not a "typical" dad-type guy. If we were to have given him a card with a warm and fuzzy sentiment, he would have hurled all over the carpet (or at least he would have made "hurling" sound effects). He's just not that kind of dad. I know I've posted things about Richard before today. He and I have a very special relationship. He never had kids, but when he married my mom 14 years ago, he inherited 2 full-grown adult kids. I tell him he got off EASY. He didn't have to raise us and put up with all our teenage angst and shenanigans...he got us already finished...sort of like getting a wonderful chocolate cake from the bakery, already baked, frosted and sliced.

He got off EASY, I tell ya.

Another thing about Richard is that he has a very sharp tongue. He takes great pride in the fact that he has an acerbic wit (or is that "ascorbic wit"...both would work, actually). Anywho, he's a self-proclaimed smart ass.

That being said, I was left with no choice in what his Father's Day gift/card would be this year.

No choice at all.

So, here is the card I came up with WAIT! Can I blame this card on my muse?....sure I can.

So, here is the card my MUSE came up with.

Outside

Inside

Yeah...I made the donkeys in Photoshop. Aren't they fabulous???

Here is the gift that went along with the card. Jonathan and I made him a matching T-shirt (my own design). Doesn't Richard make a cute model? For those of you who don't get the sentiment...just humor me and say you do. For those of you who do get it... I LOVE YOU.
FRONT

BACK




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.