Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Hidy Ho, crafty peeps!

Today is the day we celebrate and honor those wonderful women who gave birth to us, nurtured us, raised us, and smacked us upside the head when needed.

To say I love my mom is an understatement. She's just the bee's knees. How on earth did I get so lucky? And, how on earth did that saying ever come to be? I mean, bee's knees aren't exactly spectacular things. Heck, I don't even know if they even have knees. But I guess "bee's knees" sounds a whole lot better than, say, "wasp's thoraces" or "ant's antennae".

I digress (as per usual).

I am blessed to have 2 moms. One here, and one in Florida. Florida mom is really my DH  Jonathan's mom...but now she's my mom too. So there.

Of course I made their cards.

Here they are.
Florida Mom's Card
(aka Jonathan's mom)
the inside sentiment reads: 
Mothers hold their child's hand for a moment, and their heart for a lifetime.


Texas Mom's Card
(aka MY mom)
the inside sentiment reads:
A mom's hug lasts long after she lets go.

I know what you're thinking...O M G...there is no coloring on these.

That's right. I'm sort of anti-coloring at the moment. I'm more into "simple" cards.

I was inspired to make these from cards I've seen on Pinterest...so I can't even claim them as my own design. Though, I did draw and hand-paper piece the second one. The background of the second one was made using my new embossing folder from Elizabeth Craft called "Swirly Curves". I really like it. It looks very organic...like splashing water or falling petals.

For my next post...I'll tempt you with the FaBuLoUs meal that my husband and I made for my mom...complete with recipes. So, be sure to check back! Just look what's on the menu!

Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta
Tossed Salad
The BEST Chocolate Cake in the UNIVERSE (from scratch)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.