Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

May 16, 2015

One

Hidy ho, crafty peeps!

Today I'm going to a birthday party.

For a one-year-old.

Which, if you think about, has absolutely NOTHING to do with the birthday boy...since A) He'll have no memory of this, and B) He's turning 1....so C) He'll have no idea what the heck is going on.

These birthday celebrations are all about the adult guests.

Keeping this in mind, I made his card with adults in mind (his mom especially). Her favorite color is orange, so it's featured prominently in her, um...HIS, card.

I'm really into House Mouse images lately. As you'll see in some of my upcoming posts...my next few cards will have House Mouse images on them too. What can I say? They're cute.

I paper-toled the image into a couple of layers. I used hot glue in between the layers. It's fast, you can adjust the height of the space, and it's fast. I've tried using silicone glues before with syringes...what a mess. I've tried using foam tape. Not easy when you have tiny spaces to lift.

I'll stick with hot glue. Did I mention how fast it is?

The background paper is actually an uncut sheet of alphabet squares by Paper Pizzazz. I cut out some of them to spell the birthday boy's name and the #1. I used super-fine glitter and seed beads as decoration for the frosting. And, before you say anything, I was going to thread the buttons...but I couldn't find my embroidery floss...so, I left them naked. It's all good, the mice are naked too. I colored the image with my trusty Prismacolor pencils. It's been so long, it's nice to know I can still color.


I would like to enter my card in the House-Mouse & Friends contest 

5 comments:

  1. Torrey just love your fab summer colours on your mousy creation sweetie !! Glad you love House Mouse images as much as we do !! Thanks for playing again at HMAFMC !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birthday creation. Another fun brightly colored card. YOU are on a roll! Love that you are having all this summer fun with us. Gorgeous color work and design. Thanks for sharing again and joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet mousey creation..the colour citrus combo is gorgeous lovely work.

    Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall..

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous detailing and bright color uses. Lovin' your gorgeous designs and multiple entries! WOW! Thank you for playing with us at HMFMC / House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge Good Luck to you. Hope you can join us again tomorrow for a brand New Challenge too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

    Hugs,Snoopy :D​

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.