Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

May 27, 2015

What's Cookin'?

Hidy Ho, crafty peeps!

What's cookin'?

I am.

As y'all know, I'm currently locked away in my labora-Torrey creating up a virtual storm of cards.

I'm wondering if I have room in my studio for a Tesla coil and some plasma ball thingies. I guess I've been watching too much Robot Chicken.

Today's test subject is a card I whipped up for my sister. I don't talk to her very often, and I see her even less. It's sad. It's really sad. It's not that we aren't close, or have had a falling out or anything. Those who know me, know the story of my beautiful sister, Heidi, and the rough go of life she's having.

Sigh.

So, I thought I'd send her a card...for no reason, other than to tell her I love her.

Oh...and to send her my recently-discovered recipe for the world's best chocolate cake...EVER. Her family loves chocolate cake. (if you're interested...here's a link to the post with the recipe!)
Are you sitting down? 

It's another House Mouse card!!

I think, next time they have a design team call, I'm gonna apply to be on their design team. Yep, I'm gonna do just that...whenever their next DT call is...hint hint.

So, for today's card, I used the "Mix it Up" stamp. It's simple, but so stinkin' cute.

This card turned out a WHOLE LOT more busy than I had intended. But, I only had a scrap left of the patterned paper I used, and I wanted to make the most of it. So, I cut it apart into its design elements and just sort of used everything I had for the card.

I dry-embossed the background and card base. For the background, I used a Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder. For the card base, I used my score board and made my own embossed grid pattern. Then I lightly inked over the surface to bring out the details of the embossing. 

The image and card base are on Kraft cardstock. Once again, I paper-toled (decoupaged) the image and sentiment by hand into several layers after I colored them up with my ever-trusty Prismacolor pencils. There are SO MANY layers on this card...I lost count after 5.


   And, here is a closeup of the coloring:
 I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 As always, thank you ever so much for coming out here to visit me in Left Field!

 



14 comments:

  1. Oh my my Torrey...another FABULOUS read!! Wow your colouring is stunning...even more effective on the kraft paper!!!! I for one love a busy card...if you've ever visited me you'll see that...lol! Thanks for sharing yet another beauty with us at House Mouse and Friends!! Good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's truly amazing and I know how much Heidi will appreciate and love it! You're on a roll ... I need to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so super fantastic. I love all your colors and you did such a beautiful job coloring this sweet little mousey. Your hints are so cute too! Thank you for joining us at HMFMC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a beautiful card - with such a cute image. Love all the die cuts, embellies, and embossing. Thank you for entering the Kraft Journal challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO in love with this card. It's truly the prettiest one I've seen linked to our challenge this week. We all have favorites, and this is mine for sure. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, and please stop by again soon. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful art.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal


    P.S. This month's challenge at V's Sweet Ideas is also an Embossing Challenge if you'd like to play along.
    www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card Torrey, I love using Kraft card and you have used it so brilliantly!!! I love the design with loads of layers and gorgeous colours with beautiful embellishments!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for playing along with House Mouse & Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everyone, for your hugs! I feel so warm and fuzzy now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Torrey, you are on a roll, and we could not be more delighted. What a beautiful card. Love the kraft nd pencil. The adorable little mouse and all your wonderful layers and embellishments look fabulous. Thanks for joining us again, a treat for us, at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, Torrey! ​Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D​

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWOWEEE - love your coloring and uses of KRAFT!! Stunning AND Super adorable take on the Kitchen theme. Thanks for joining us again at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge - HMFMC. Good Luck and hope to see you playing again next challenge too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Torrey :-) the image is adorable and I love your colouring on kraft, very lovely :-) the papers, die cuts and sentiment are altogether awesome ! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s I don't know when the next DT call will be, but good luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s, I meant to add, I am sure your sister will love this, even though you may not see each other very often, I am sure she knows you love her, and this will let her know that you think about her often :-) very thoughtful of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truly cute stunning Kitchen card Torrey love how you use the Kraft card gorgeous colouring..great story teller too..lol am sure your sisters afce will light up when she receives this cutie in the mail.

    Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & friends Mon. chall.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Torrey....love everything and your colouring is amazing !! Can't have enoght layers for me sweetie !!

    So glad you could join us at HMAFMC and good luck sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.