Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

August 31, 2015

A Class Act

Hidy Ho, crafty peeps!

It is with a hint of...I dunno...sadness...that I post my last project for House Mouse and Friends as their guest designer. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the House Mouse DT!

The new challenge over at House Mouse and Friends is all about that time of year that parents cheer and kids dread....Back To School. So make your way over to House Mouse and Friends and post your take on this academic theme!

My favorite part about starting back up at school every year was getting new school supplies. There are few things that elicit such a positive memory for me. I just loved my brandy new Pink Pearl eraser...and those little triangular erasers that stuck on the end of my taxicab yellow, #2 Ticonderoga pencils. Back in my day...those were the only pencils out there.
I usually picked out a plain 3-ring binder (with a denim cover if possible) so that I could fill it with doodles throughout the year. I covered all my text books with brown paper grocery sacks for the same purpose.

I loved the blank canvases that these created, because I knew each year would be different--unique to that year of my life. I'd spend countless hours doodling cartoons and fanciful designs, and I'd write my name in those puffy letters that were so "cool" in the 1970s.

Here is my House Mouse Back-to-School edition. I combined 3 different House Mousies along with some clipart (books and apple). I colored it all up with my Prismacolor Pencils (as per usual).
Thanks, again, to the wonderfully talented folks at House Mouse and Friends for letting me play with them!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my, Torrey, looks like a big work load for these mice! What a wonderfully desgned and colored card, Bright colors and fun little scene. It has been wonderful having you create along with us for the past couple of months and your contributions have all been fabulous.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Torrey...it been so good having you as part of our Mousey Family!! A wonderful read as always...your card is fabulous!!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too frickin cute - love the juggling one on top, and the full bellied one napping. So well put together.

    Love your work so much - love you more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Torrey, a superb design and fabulous background colours.........your images are all stunning and so beautifully coloured!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Torrey :-) the whole design of this is brilliant! Totally!! LOVE it :-)

    It has been a real pleasure having you along with us xx

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! You've made the different elements look as if they were one stamp image! I know what you mean about New School Materials! I remember the Ticonderoga pencils, and I loved those wonderful triangular eraser "hats", because the pencil erasers were always long gone before I even had to sharpen the pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty colors! Yes, I always look forward to lining up all my new pencils and drawing on my peechees too! Gotta doodle!


    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Torrey how adorable is this creative cute card.. We have loved all your gorgeous mousey creations you have shared with us at HM. as our GDT .many thanks for ALL your creations we have enjoyed having you play along with us these last 2 months....xxxx


    Smiles Christine HM DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.