I've crawled out of bed long enough to post a card for Crafter's Companion!
Yeah, I'm under the weather.
My hubby shared a wonderful little bug with me that has ravaged my lungs and sinuses. Wasn't that nice of him?
I guess he really believes in that adage "Misery loves company".
It makes me wish he'd believe in adages like, "Sharing is caring...but it does not mean giving your wife the 'crud'."
This, too, shall pass.
So here is how the idea for this card evolved...
- I was sitting in bed hacking, wheezing, coughing up creatures from various color lagoons...and knowing I need to intake some sort of nourishment.
- Sick + nourishment = chicken soup. It's only logical.
- Chicken soup = folk medicine = folk art = country = gingham + chicks
- which, by chance, leads full circle back to chicks = chicken = chicken soup.
And that, dear friends, is how my mucus-addled mind works.
This cute stamp set is from Crafter's Companion. It's one of my favorites. I have a fondness for chickens that I can't explain. They just make me happy. It's gently colored up with the new (and wonderful) Aquablend pencils. They can be subtle or bold...the choice is up to you!
Crafter's Companion supplies used:
- AquaBlend pencils: Fossil grey, nutmeg - from Essential set. Beeswax, bison, cypress, wheat, sky blue - from Naturals set
- Stamps - Sheena - A little bit sketchy - Chick Chick Chicken
- Embossing folder - Textures - Hessian
- Spectrum Aqua watercolor cardstock
- Crafter's Companion Ultimate Tool - bow maker
I'm getting better (if I keep telling myself that it will eventually come to pass).
Thanks for coming out to Left Field. Don't worry, I wore a surgical mask the entire time I wrote this post. Sharing my card with you is one thing. Sharing a bug that could potentially ooze into the matrix of the internet and back out the screen of the person reading this just wouldn't be cool.