Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

March 29, 2016

Chicken Soup in a Card

Hidy ho, crafty peeps!

I've crawled out of bed long enough to post a card for Crafter's Companion!

Yeah, I'm under the weather.

My hubby shared a wonderful little bug with me that has ravaged my lungs and sinuses. Wasn't that nice of him?

I guess he really believes in that adage "Misery loves company".

It makes me wish he'd believe in adages like, "Sharing is caring...but it does not mean giving your wife the 'crud'."

Sigh

This, too, shall pass.

So here is how the idea for this card evolved...

  • I was sitting in bed hacking, wheezing, coughing up creatures from various color lagoons...and knowing I need to intake some sort of nourishment. 
  • Sick + nourishment = chicken soup. It's only logical.
  • Chicken soup = folk medicine = folk art = country = gingham + chicks
  • which, by chance, leads full circle back to chicks = chicken = chicken soup.

And that, dear friends, is how my mucus-addled mind works.

 I love this really old patterned paper from Daisy D's. I don't have much of it left, but it always makes me happy when I see it. I've used it on SO MANY projects over the years.

This cute stamp set is from Crafter's Companion. It's one of my favorites. I have a fondness for chickens that I can't explain. They just make me happy. It's gently colored up with the new (and wonderful) Aquablend pencils. They can be subtle or bold...the choice is up to you!

Crafter's Companion supplies used:
And, to answer the question the sentiment on the card poses? Yeah, I'm OK.

I'm getting better (if I keep telling myself that it will eventually come to pass).

Thanks for coming out to Left Field. Don't worry, I wore a surgical mask the entire time I wrote this post. Sharing my card with you is one thing. Sharing a bug that could potentially ooze into the matrix of the internet and back out the screen of the person reading this just wouldn't be cool.

You're welcome.






3 comments:

  1. Hoping that you are feeling better soon... and if not, I'll make you chicken noodle soup when I get down there!

    By the way - This card is just too darn adorable!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun! And yes, it really is adorable. For some reason it makes me think of you. <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.