Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

March 18, 2016

She Sells Seashells

Hidy Ho, crafty peeps!

I'm here today with a card I made featuring products from Crafter's Companion. I was hired to make a birthday project for a very sweet lady. I won't post her name here, because she might read this post, and I don't want her to know about this prematurely.

I was told this lady really appreciates receiving cards. She is a connoisseur. The only direction I was given was that this lady LoVeS seashells and her style is elegant. Other than that, I was given cart-blanche to do what I wanted.

This is what I came up with. It was one of those cards, that's not really a card. It's really a decorative piece...one that I had a complete mental picture of before I even started. I love when that happens...but sometimes, I DON'T like when that happens because then it can be REALLY challenging to get my project to match the image in my head. And trust me, it HAS to match!

This time, it came together very smoothly!
Side-step cards are so adaptable to ANY theme. And even though they are "technically" categorized as a card, I think they are really a piece of decor. It's all in how you decorate them. For this card, I colored up various stamped images of seashells with Spectrum Noir Blendable pencils and Gamsol. Then, I fussy-cut each one out and arranged them on all the surfaces of the card. There are 3 layers to this card. I added some other elements (I just KNEW that netted bag my Thanksgiving turkey came in would come in handy some day). It all folds flat for mailing too!

Crafter's Companion products used:
And, here is a template for making the card! 
(You didn't think I'd forget, did you?) 

Thank you for trudging out to Left Field! May all your days be crafty ones!


2 comments:

  1. You are the queen of spectacular! I never think of doing anything but just a flat, one fold card. I need to learn your ways queen-obiwanfoldalot! I think I must come your way and seek your wisdom, steal your creative juice and learn from which it flows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodiwan! You may not steal my creative juice. I'll give you your own. It comes in a box with a built-in straw. <3 Can't wait to see you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.