Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

April 12, 2016

Gratitude

Hidy Ho Crafty Peeps!

I'm here today with a lovely project for Crafter's Companion. I used a new die set along with Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers and Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens to create a really lovely effect on a card.
The card went together fairly quickly! I used the Watercolor markers on some watercolor paper, then washed them with a broad, flat paintbrush dipped in water. This allows the colors to flow and blend beautifully! After it dried, I added a few additional splats of color to create more interest in the background. I arranged several lantern dies (aren't they terrific??) and then cut out the diecuts with black cardstock. I love the contrast between the black foreground objects and the colorful background. I hand-tore the background paper to size and added a stamped sentiment which I also colored with the watercolor markers. When everything was dry, I kissed the background with a clear sparkle pen here and there.

Crafter's Companion products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.