Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

September 10, 2011

Spaah Day

For our birthdays (mine and my sister's), my mom took us all to the day spa for manis and pedis. Such decadence. Such indulgence. Such a girly-girl thing to do. And YES, I arranged this section of their wall-o-polish into rainbow order--this should NOT surprise you. Though, the manicurists gave me strange looks as they chatted to each other in Vietnamese. But, I digress.

Where was I? Oh yeah....Aaaah, manis and pedis. They're mahvelous.

We walked in and were led to these big, comfy massage chairs with jacuzzi pedicure tubs attached. So, I'm wondering to myself..."how can I get one of these things for my studio"? It would sort of be like those "man cave" chairs I've seen where guys take an easy chair and insert a mini fridge and built-in toilet...except this would be SOoooooo much more refined, and practical. It could prolong my crafting sessions by...DAYS, maybe even WEEKS. I like the massage chair/jacuzzi foot combo thing, but pedis take a long time and after awhile, I did start to feel like a lump of bread dough.

I love choosing my color of polish. They had dozens, if not hundreds, to choose from. I picked a magenta polish with interference blue tones. Heidi picked a sort of coralish scarlet and mom...mom picked Kermit-the-frog green.


That is SO unlike my mom. Her signature nail color is usually some shade or incarnation of beige. Fawn, mocha frost, sand, potato, mink, nude, almond kiss, taupe, you know...beige. So for her to get day-glow frog put on her toes is SO...unexpected.
Here are our pretty toes: 


 And here are our lovely hands:

No matter how hard I try, I cannot picture my husband getting this done. I've decided this truly is an activity that requires one to possess two X chromosomes in order to enjoy.






1 comment:

  1. I actually got Tom to go get a pedi with me last week. He loved it... I made him get the "deluxe" and she treated him to it all... Kinda fun to do it together!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.