Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

October 20, 2011

Ode to an Angry Tooth

...I'm having a root canal on Monday. In honor of this, I crafted a little poem.

Oh little pearl
that helps me chew
the foods I loves to eats…

the crunchy things
and gooey things
and other tempting treats

You help me in
my daily life
with you, I masticate…

But one wrong bite
has left you cracked
and turned you quite... irate.

A friend of mine
you ceased to be,
instead, you are my bane.

I hear you laugh,
maniacally…
as you twist my face in pain.

To free me from
this misery
I'd go to an extreme...

For happy smiles
and pain-free days
are only but a dream

I’m tempted now,
to have you pulled
and rip you from my jaw…

I'd live my life,
quite happily,
drinking milkshakes with a straw.


2 comments:

  1. I love your poem! But I'm sorry you're having tooth trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! This too shall pass...but what I wouldn't give right now for a pair of pliers and a bottle of tequila.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.