Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

May 31, 2012

Little Red Caboose

That's me alright...the little red caboose.

I waited until the last day of May to complete my Bombshell Stamps Pin-up challenge for May--but I had a GOOD reason. I've recently undertaken the TOTALLY daunting task of re-doing my studio. Thanks to the help of my dear hubby, my studio is now (finally) in working order. But for the last few weeks, I've had no studio to work in. And, it's a little hard to get stuff done with all my supplies in boxes and my studio torn apart. I'll post pictures of my studio makeover later...

Now is the time for me to share my entry for the Pin-up challenge!! This month's challenge was brought to us by our Miss May- Jennie. She tasked us with playing a bit of Tic Tac Toe...Bombshell Style. 3-in-a-row is what we chose. Silly me, I was gonna choose EVERYTHING on the board for a "blackout"...then someone reminded me this was "tic tac toe"...not Bingo. So, I acquiesced and just went with the right column of Pins, Roses and Red (but I SO TOTALLY could have done a blackout).

I used the lovely Rose's Portrait stamp from Bombshell. I stamped her with Versamark ink on black paper and embossed her in white. This is version 2. In version 1, I tried to color her in with Prismas...but it looked, yucky. So I just left her be. I embossed the background and mat with embossing plates. I made the roses out of cardstock. The beaded pins I threw together with odds and ends beads and some jewelry-making head pins.



I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Ingredients:
Stamp - Bombshell Stamps (Rose's Portrait)
Nestability die - Spellbinders (Labels Ten)
embossing plates - Fiskars, Sizzix
Patterned paper - Scenic Route
trim
beads and head pins
cardstock
pearls - Michaels



6 comments:

  1. As always... your work amazes and inspires me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card....love your embossing and all other details!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot say enough good things about this card. I love the white on black Rose and the embellishments are terrific. Those rolled roses are just perfect for her.

    Look forward to seeing your studio. Love to see into the lives of truly creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly striking card. Love it. All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous creation, very striking and gorgeous rolled flowers! Thanks for joining us at Divas and good luck!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.