I'm here today to throw my proverbial hat into the ring for a chance to become a full-fledged member of the House Mouse and Friends design team. The current challenge over at House Mouse et al is a BINGO challenge. You know the kind where you're given a grid of 9 things and you have to use 3 in a row of said things...either vertical, horizontal, or if you're feeling crazy--diagonal. Here is the BINGO board for this challenge.
That's a lot of stuff for one little card.
I was worried that by attempting to do a BLACKOUT that my card would end up a total junk heap and the image would get buried like the basement of a 4-story house in a 7.8 earthquake.
Wow, that was kind of an insensitive thing to say considering there was recently a huge earthquake in Chile. I apologize to anyone who was impacted by that disaster.
Here is the card I am entering as my proverbial hat-in-the-ring. I colored up my image with
(wait for it)
Prismacolor pencils...(no surprise).
Copic markers (big surprise).
Before you get too excited about me using Copics...I only used the Copics to create the soft mottled blue background. It was WAY easier than trying to do it with pencils. I created the little "pansy" embellishments to coordinate with the image using a very old punch I had stashed away. And (to preserve Jodi's sanity) I tied all my buttons with twine. It's hard to tell, but the buttons and Bakers Twine are purple...to echo the paint that our little mousy friend is using to paint the smiles on the pansies.
Ok, let's see if I got everything for the BLACKOUT on there...
- Buttons (check)
- Ribbon (check)
- Bakers twine (check)
- Orange color (check)
- Yellow color (check)
- Green color (check)
- Pearls/Gems (check)
- Flowers/Leaves (check) - punch by All Night Media
- Use an Embossing Folder (check) - Chevron folder by Magenta
So, with this card, I formally submit my application to become an esteemed member of the House Mouse and Friends Design Team.
I would also like to enter this card in the following challenges:
- House Mouse and Friends: #203 - BINGO and DT call
- Gruffies and Guests: #21 Make it Fruity/Anything Goes
- Crafting For All Seasons: #110 Layer it up
- Papertake Weekly: Animal Magic
- Through The Craft Room Door: Sep 15-21- Anything Goes
- Quirky Crafts: #19 Animal Magic
- Crafty Creations: #298 It Takes Two (there are 2 of lots of things on my card)
- Crafty Gals Corner: #37--Anything Goes
Thank you, as always, for coming out to visit me in Left Field.