Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

October 22, 2015

Cat in the Hat

Hidy Ho, crafty peeps!

Quickie post today. I'm entering the A Day For Daisies current challenge...which challenges us to ADD BLACK LACE...and I'm getting my entry in right under the wire! Just call me last-minute-Mabel.

I chose the lovely image of "Cat Hat" for the foundation. Since the image basically just ends at her waist...and since I didn't really want half a torso floating on my card (even if it is almost Halloween)...I decided to complete her (Frankenstein-style...since it is almost Halloween) with some Steam-Phunky Photoshop Magix. I opted for a Steampunk look (I call it Steamphunk), because A) I love Steampunk. And, B) I think it blends seamlessly with the original image...almost like it was made that way from square one!
I colored it with a combo of Copic markers (gasp) and my Prismacolor pencils. I HAD to make the cat a ginger cat. HAD TO. Why? Because ginger cats (aka Orange Tabbies or marmalade cats) are my absolute favorite. I love their personalities! Oh...you didn't notice that she had a cat curled up on top of her head? Don't worry...it's supposed to be that way.

I chose a pretty multi-colored paper for the bottom of the background and a black lace patterned paper for the upper background. I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to color the lace paper to turn it tan color (it was white), then lightly inked the edges with a turquoise stamping ink. I added punched paper lace and some real lace too. And, of course, a touch of bling--'cuz ya just gotta have da bling.
I'd also like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Thanks for venturing out to Left Field!


2 comments:

  1. Very coolio - it definitely looks like the steampunk stuff was there to begin with! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card - gingers are my favourite cats too :)
    Thanks for joining us at our ADD BLACK LACE challenge at the A Day for Daisies challenge blog. Please join us again soon.
    Love
    Jen L
    ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.