Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

October 4, 2015

Happy Harvest

Hidy ho, crafty peeps!

I'm here today with my very first project as a full-fledged designer for House Mouse and Friends!

Hooray!!!

They're having a challenge over at House Mouse and Friends. It's midway through, so you still have PLENTY o' time to enter! The theme this time around is
So put on a sweater and join in the fun! There are PRIZES to be had!! Check it out!

We have two loverly sponsors this time around.


Winner will receive a $12 voucher to spend in their store!
www.disdigistamps.com
  
and our second sweet sponsor is
The place for embellishments of all kinds!
Winner will receive a goody bag of a random assortment of embellies!
http://www.pizzazzaplenty.blogspot.com/

And we're not done yet!

Our fabulous DT captain, Miss America, is offering 
*** A NEW way to WIN a Mousey Prize***
We also have a 3rd special PRIZE from America that will go out to a fabulous player who promotes us on their FACEBOOK page. (simply leave a direct link to our Mousey Blog on YOUR Facebook page) sending people back here.  Let us know that you've done this and leave us a link to your post to be in the running for this brand NEW stamp draw. :) If you dont get a chance to create an entry, its ok, as long as you have promoted us on your own Facebook page, then you are in the running for this stamp!  Easy Peasy! :)
House-Mouse Designs®, "Pumpkin Carving" #HMR43,
 manufactured in the USA by Stampendous!

Now for my project. 
I chose to do the "Fall" theme for my project. To me, Fall means pretty leaves, warm colors, and apples.  The image I used is a black and white digi stamp from the Triple CD. I WISH WISH WISH there were more digi stamps on that CD set...HINT HINT HINT.

I had to sharpen my colored pencils to a needle-like precision tip, and pull out my magnifying glass to color this sucker. Why?, you ask. Well, it's not because I'm going even more blind than normal... it's because the mice in the background image are only 3/8" tall. That is practically MICROSCOPIC. 

There must be some scientific theory that explains my affinity for the apparent inverse correlation of my declining visual acuity and the size of the images I color. Either that, or I'm just weird.

Probably, I'm just weird.

I can't go much smaller than 3/8"-sized mice...my colored pencils don't get sharp enough. If the mice get any smaller, they'll just end up looking like little dust balls anyway. 

As I mentioned (repeatedly), for this image I used my ever-trusty Prismacolor pencils to color it. I couldn't decide between red apples and green apples, so I made my apples variegated. I believe they're Jonathan apples. That's appropriate being that my hubby's name is also...Jonathan.

That solved that.

And, since my Copics were still hanging out on my desk, I pulled them back out and stippled a light blue background so they didn't feel left out. Then, I capped them all up, put them back in their case and sequestered them HIGH on a shelf, tucked way far away in the very back of my studio.

That's where I keep them.

As far from me as possible...and out of sight.

I told you, I'm copicphobic. It's either that, or I start taking Valium.

Thanks, as always, for tromping out to Left Field...where the grass is green year-round.

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. SQUEEEEAK! Welcome to the team Torrey! Your first project is absolutely wonderful...Reminds me of the great Harvest fest coming here soon...Apples everywhere! Such wonderful and rich coloring too! Great inaugural creation teamie!!! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable! Love the blow-up of the one section, and the background used as a memory. Torrey, your card is beautiful, and I've pinned it twice for different boards! I would buy those CDs in a heartbeat - have wanted them for years, but they do not work on Macs, according to her website :-( NOT FAIR! LOL

    What a fun morning browsing your blog - so many pretty projects! I am your newest google follower!

    Hoping you enjoy a marvelous week! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm welcome to our team Torrey, it's such a pleasure to have you with us in our Mousey Family. Love the card you have created for the Halloween/Autumn challenge, your colouring is fab.
    Hugs Dorte
    Thanks for the laugh, I need it today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Torrey, wonderful Fall scene with those adorable tiny mice!! Awesome coloring, and love how you used the Frame. Here's to new beginnings, welcome to the Mousey family.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.