Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

November 17, 2015

Windowshopping

Hidy Ho, crafty peeps!

I'm writing to you from blizzardy Colorado. Funny thing is, where I'm at...not a speck of snow. Where the airport is? That's a whole other story--over a foot of snow, most flights cancelled...highway to the airport closed.

Good thing I had the foresight to reschedule my flight back to Texas BEFORE the flakes began to fall.

I've been here in beautiful Colorado for a week and a half, visiting my bestee, Jodi. We've been crafting our everlovin' brains out. For those of you that don't know, Jodi is also on the Crafter's Companion design team. So, we pooled our mojo and our Crafter's Companion goodies together and have had ourselves a marathon-o-Crafter's-Companion-creating.

Today's offering is a fun little window card. I made the card into a quaint little Antique storefront.

Let's be windowshoppers! That sure is a nice arrangement of old bottles in the window. Notice the two paintings hanging on the wall behind the bottles? I sure wish we could go inside and take a closer look at them!

I stamped the bottle stamp on cream-colored cardstock and colored them with my Spectrum Noir colored pencils.  It was challenging to color them so that they maintained their transparency. After all, they're glass bottles. So, if you notice, you can actually "see" the bottles in the back through the ones that are in front of them.

Oh, look! The sign in the window says they're open! Let's go on in and look around, shall we?  Those are nice pictures hanging on the wall! It's amazing what a part of a stamped image, a diecut cardstock frame, finshed off with some magic from the Spectrum Noir colored pencils, and VOILA...you get some pretty convincing miniature antique portraits!!

I think this will be a perfect birthday card for my stepdad!


Ingredients:


Thanks, as always, for wandering over to Left Field! Come back, anytime!

2 comments:

  1. Great card! The inside gives so much dimension to the front panel. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so much fun to watch you create! I am consistently amazed at what your mind comes up with! Thanks for being my mojo... I mean my ToJo mojo.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.