I've been hunkered down in my studio creating...STUFF!
Jonathan and I are planning on sending out homemade Christmas cards...(if I can ever get them ready to assemble). I've been stamping and coloring like a crazy person.
I took a break from the Christmas card X-travaganza yesterday and today to make a present for an upcoming "Secret Santa" exchange at a Christmas party next week. I had NO IDEA what to give my assigned person.
The idea of going out shopping gave me hives.
So, I thought and thought and THOUGHT about what I could give my person without having to go buy it.
Then, it hit me...BAM!!
I could make some fairly general cards and give this person a whole set! But I had no idea how to start, until I discovered
ONE SHEET WONDER CARDS
Why hadn't I heard about these before? Did everyone know about this but me?
For those of you who haven't heard of these little babies...let me enlighten you. "One Sheet Wonder Cards" is a set of cards...AN ENTIRE SET...that you make using only 1 sheet of patterned paper (designer paper), and 2 sheets of coordinating cardstock. I decided to use a double-sided paper so I could get more bang for my buck. The paper I chose came in a pack with a sheet of stickers...so I used them too. Why not? I admit that I sort of cheated...I added scraps of brown paper I had in my stash on a few of the cards too...so sue me.
And guess how many cards I got out of this minuscule amount of paper??
10??? NO NO NO!!!
I got 12... that's a DOZEN!!! (and I had enough left for two more, but I got tired after 12).
The secret is in how you cut your one and only piece of patterned paper. There are many different configurations to do this...I will put the template I used (with all the cutting measurements) at the end of this post!
The theory is...
- you take one 12x12 piece of patterned paper and cut it all up and then use those pieces, either alone or in combo with others, along with
- 2 (two) 12x 12 pieces of coordinating cardstock to supplement, and
- premade A2 card bases,
- various stamps, embossing folders, dies, and punches...
- and you create a TON of cards.
For all these cards I used one sheet from the Marjolaine collection pack from Basic Grey along with the sticker sheet from the same package. I chose teal and olive green cardstock as the coordinating papers.
It TOTALLY works! Just look what I made!
Some of them are horizontal (landscape)...some vertical (portrait) in orientation.
The card base is an A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")--half of a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock.
(Pictures of each card follow the big collection pic along with product info at the end).
1. Hello You card
2. vertical Birthday card
3. Congratulations card
4. Sympathy card
5. Just For You card
6. vertical Hello card
7. horizontal Birthday card
8. Friend card
9. Thinking About You card
10. Thinking Of You card
11. horizontal Hello card
12. Thank You card
Supplies used, (and card # used on):
- Swiss Dot by Provo Craft (1, 5,6, 11)
- Swirly Curves by Elizabeth Crafts (6, 7, 11)
- Floral Whimsical by Darice (8, 12)
- Bricks by Paper Studio (9)
- Circle Interlock by Darice (2, 10)
- Honeycomb by Sizzix (4)
- Cherish edge by Martha Stewart (4)
- String Lace edge by Martha Stewart (4)
- Scallop circle by Fiskars (11)
- Bird Builder by Stampin Up! (10)
- Word Window punch by Stampin Up! (6)
- Scripty Sayings by Lawn Fawn (1, 4, 9, 12)
- All Year Cheer by Fiskars (3, 5, 7)
- Happy Messages by Stampendous (2, 6, 8, 11)
- Fancy Labels 4 by Sizzix (7)
- Ribbon Tag Trio II by Spellbinders (11)
- Scalloped Edge Frame by Spellbinders (10)
- Twig Wreath by Impression Obsession (10)
- Seagull decorative scissors by Fiskars (3, 12)
- Mini antique round and dragonfly copper brads
- Stampin' Up stamping ink (Blue Bayou, Old Olive)
- Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
- Clear lacquer
- foam tape
One Sheet Wonder template
(12 x 12 sheet of paper)
Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy post! It was AmAzInG wasn't it?
I was totally surprised.
So, if you're stuck on what to give as a gift this year...you gotta try this. It's a fabulous gift for ANYONE!!