Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

May 4, 2012

CCCC time again!

It's May. I can't believe it. But one look outside confirms it. The trees are in full leaf. The Spring flowers have all but gone and the fireflies are out and it's challenge time again over at CCCC!

This round's sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps and our challenge was to follow this sketch.


I chose the fun and Springy Ladybug Scene-It stamp to work with. Who doesn't love ladybugs? It reminds me of that nursery rhyme we all knew as kids. Have you ever stopped to consider what it's actually saying???
Ladybug, ladybug
fly away home...
your house is on fire 
and your children will burn.
How TERRIBLE is that? What a horrific image it creates! FLY, LADYBUG...FLY LIKE THE WIND!!! No wonder I'm so twisted...undoubtedly it is due, in part, to the fact that I was raised on apocalyptic nursery rhymes like this. But this gives me an idea...maybe I should have put flames on the backs of the ladybugs...

Anyway, back to my card. I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils (sorry, no Copics this time) and mounted everything on a black background to make it really POP.


Ingredients:
Scene-it Ladybugs stamp - Bugaboo Stamps
Patterned paper - Die Cuts With A View
Prismacolor Pencils
ribbon - Creative Impressions
black gems - Michaels
webbing
cardstock
stamping ink

6 comments:

  1. Hi Torrey,This is gorgeous...love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what you blame your twisted mind on? Really? I could come up with a few hundred other reasons, but ok!

    (hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Jodi. (giggle)

    Twisted is beautiful. So sayeth moi.

    Great card, gorgeous coloring. You're a wiz with those Prismas. Wonderful take on that sketch. I love your embellishment groupings...

    Curious about that meshy stuff over that middle layer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore lady bugs - they are messengers from the Goddess and usually hang out around my house.(Has nothing to do with the fact that it is yellow).

    This card is awesome opossum to quote someone I know. The coloring is fab, the embellishments perfect and the dp is wonderful foil not to mention the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty of a card - I so love this one, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ladybugs. Thanks for your note in my blog. Yes, I am trying hard to stay committed to making 365 cards. I have to cos I am so new in this, not better than you. Checked out your blog. Fantastic resume and you certainly make great cards!! You inspire me to make better cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.