Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

June 8, 2016

A Guy Thing







Hidy Ho, crafty peeps!
wed-designerspotlight-header

It's week 2 of my gig as a Spotlight Designer over at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! And that means...

wed-newchallenge-header
This week's theme combines a tribute to those wonderful men in our lives, coupled with the guru of distressed craftiness, Tim Holtz! To me, it's win-win match made in crafty heaven!
"Father's Day/For a Guy" using Tim Holtz products
So hurry on over to their blog for your chance at winning a fabulous $50 gift certificate prize!!
50dollar_voucher_600px
I don't know about you, but I just LoVe Tim's stuff. His style is truly unique and VERY adaptable to just about any theme.
I created a Father's Day card for one of the fathers in my life. I'm blessed. I have 3 dads! One biological, one step, and one in-law! I just haven't figured out which one I'm sending this to, yet. Which one...which one?
I combined some new Tim stuff with some old Tim stuff, and some REALLY old Tim Stuff to create this card. I colored (well, actually painted) the stamped image and background with watercolor markers. I layered it all up with some of his die cuts. I created the "Dad" title block using a fun font printed on watercolor paper. I inked all the edges of just about everything with some Distress Ink, stamped some "stuff" on the background, added some bling, and then quit--because I usually don't know when to stop and I end up with a hot mess. 

I think I actually stopped on this project before reaching the critical mass of hot mess-ness. 
Yay me!
Simon Says Stamp
Here are the Tim Holtzy products I used for this project: all are available at Simon Says Stamp:
Thanks for tromping out here to Left Field! Check back next week for week 3 of my time with the wonderfully talented folks at Simon Says!

6 comments:

  1. OH.MY.GOSH! This is drop-dead FABULOUS! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card Torrey, I love the aqua and Browns together, very masculine colors and the whole design is absolutely fabulous! 😊

    Luv
    Lols X X X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Torrey! The colours and textures are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing - a real work of art! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness look at all of these combined elements for a spectacular masculine card! WOW!! This one is truly a piece of ART! Fantastic work Torrey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.