Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

May 21, 2015

Breezy Graduation

Hidy Ho, crafty peeps!

And so continues my card making lola-palooza. Today's offering is the graduation card I made for my mom's cousin's daughter's daughter.

I know you're all thinking, "MAN! She's got a huge extended family". Actually, I have a pretty small family...hence I actually know the extended parts. It's not until I post here that I actually have to think about how we're all related. To me, we're all just "cousins".

OMG...it's another House Mouse card.

I warned you.

For this card... I used the uber-cute "Make a Wish" stamp by House Mouse (yes, again). I made the background by embossing some white-core cardstock and sanding off the raised clouds to reveal the white underneath. I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils, then I paper-toled it in a couple of layers to give it dimension. I drew the floating dandelion seeds on by hand. I didn't know I could draw dandelion seeds. Be impressed.
 Miranda's Graduation Card

coloring close up:
Prismacolor pencils FTW!

I would like to enter this card in the House-Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge             # HMFMC194 - Summer Fun.


Thanks, as always, for coming out to Left Field!

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Torrey...I love the way that your dandelion seeds are drifting along with your pearl swirl breeze...great idea!! Your mouse of course steals the show...lol!! Thank you for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends...good luck and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. You did such an awesome job with your little mouse. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC and we hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Torrey, what a great design card sweetie !! So clever and such fab colouring !! So glad you could play along with us at HMAFMC !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and that image is adorable. Beautiful job coloring the mouse up, looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Coloring is of pure perfection and use of adorable House-Mouse stamps amazing! Great Background and details. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Thank you for playing with us at HMFMC / House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge Good Luck to you. Hope you can join us again tomorrow for a brand New Challenge too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you've done with this image. The coloring is spot-on and all the little details you've added are adorable. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

    Hugs,Snoopy :D​

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.